39. It is your career, build it like a product!
Most of us do not manage our careers actively. What if we had a model to guide us through the process? What if the model was derived as a result of decades of experience and observation in both industry and academia?
Dr Raj Yavatkar, CTO of Juniper Networks, introduces such a model for career building and talks through how it can be applied to our own careers. Raj is responsible for charting Juniper's technology strategy and for leading the company’s critical technology innovations. He has been awarded more than 45 patents, published over 60 research papers, authored five Internet standards, and co-authored a book on Internet QoS (Quality of Service). He is an IEEE Fellow and holds a PhD in Computer Science from Purdue University.
Episode length: 37 min | Listen on: Spotify | Google | Apple | More options
Raj's Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajyavatkar1982/
Mentioned in the episode
1. TechCrunch Article: https://techcrunch.com/2021/07/30/the-best-way-to-grow-your-tech-career-treat-it-like-an-app/
2. List of Raj’s technical publications: https://dblp.org/pid/58/6723.html
3. Raj’s contributions in IETF: https://www.arkko.com/tools/allstats/rajyavatkar.html
4. Four Steps to the Epiphany: https://www.amazon.com/Four-Steps-Epiphany-Steve-Blank/dp/0989200507
5. Andy Grove: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Grove