42. Technical Leadership: A Principal Engineer's view
Updated: Oct 23, 2021
How does one get into positions of leadership and influence, while staying on a technical career path? What does a Principal Engineer bring to the table at a top tier technology company like Amazon? To share his perspective, we have with us Saurabh Shrivastava, Principal Engineer at Amazon.
Saurabh has two decades of experience in roles spanning software engineering and management. Most recently, he was a Director at Nuage Networks before joining Amazon. He has a unique point of view on leadership in both the technical and management ladders.
Saurabh's LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gokodo/
Episode length: 21 min | Listen on: Spotify | Google | Apple | More options
Mentioned in this episode:
1. Decentralized Finance: https://defi-learning.org/
2. MIT Undergraduate Course in AI: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-034-artificial-intelligence-spring-2005/
3. Nuage Networks: https://www.nuagenetworks.net/
4. At Scale Conference: https://atscaleconference.com/
5. NSDI Conference: https://www.usenix.org/conference/nsdi21
6. HotOS Conference: https://sigops.org/s/conferences/hotos/2021/index.html
7. Andrej Karpathy, Director of AI at Tesla: https://twitter.com/karpathy